Friday, October 10, 2008

... laughed until we cried.....


I'm sitting here.. all red and puffy eyed.
but this time... its a good thing.
I don't have many, but the ones I have... I cherish.
I have 2 old photo albums with pictures of my Daddy in them. I ran across them tonight and have looked at them over... and over again and have laughed and cried over them.. and loved it!!
I've laughed until I've cried. I found this picture of me and my daddy, I think I was maybe two... and I'm thinking it was after church one sunday based off the stickers on my forehead (.. I know. I've always been a goober!!) and our attire. But it just made me smile... for many reasons.
I dont remember a whole lot about my Daddy, but I definitely remember his smile... and his laugh!! Both of them very contagious!! :)

Gosh. I miss him. ♥ ♥


... My song for him.....

8 comments:

Melanie said...

cool song. So I have to say seeing you as a little girl brought back a flood of memories...especially of the saddest...saying goodbye to Daddy. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever been a part of. You leaning over your daddy's casket and in a very tearful sweet voice, said "Bye Daddy, I love You". Man it makes me tear up just thinking about it. I love you!

Micah Mae said...

That picture is adorable... Thanks for sharing that... it gave me goosebumps!!! You are amazing!

Marie said...

I love you AJ! This was a great post. Isn't it amazing that we all get to be together as families forever! Im so thankful to have you as my sister!

teresa and the boys said...

I miss him too, Amanda. He is one of the reasons I don't fear dying.

Andrew and Amanda Swanger said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment, and this post! I don't remember your dad, we were so little, but this was very touching :)

Melissa said...

I think this was an awesome post! I really liked the song and the picture of your two is really cute. I am fortunate enough to say I haven't lost a parent but I believe that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!

McMarvin said...

love the picture of you and Matthew. reading it made even me tear up a little. oh yeah like cheater cheater

Anonymous said...

wow... what a moving song... thanks for sharing it...