Thursday, October 30, 2008

Update: Its about. TIME! :)

Okay. I know.... I know. Time for an update
But this time. I have a legitimate excuse why I haven't posted for a while.
Last Wednesday. I had surgery and have been a little drugged for the past week.... (woo hoo!!)
I've had a thing called Osgoodshlatters disease (yeah... try saying that one 10 times fast) since like 6th grade in my left knee. It really hasn't bothered me for the past few years since I quit growing but whenever I kneel on it, when I do massages and what not its really sore and tender so I went and saw an Orthopedic Surgeon last Tuesday to see if we could do anything about it . He did an X-Ray and showed us there was a bone "chip" there causing most of the pain and I would need a surgery to remove it.... Joy. So he said "go talk to my secretary and schedule a day when we're both free. So we go talk to the scheduling chicky and she says " how about tomorrow morning? ya free?". i Kinda looked shocked and looked at my mom... "well uh.. I'm supposed to work tomorrow but I guess I can move clients back a week." So I call the company *bless their lil hearts*. and go back to the chicky.. "schedule me in I'll have it tomorrow!!!" So I get a lovely little call later that day " YOUR SURGERY IS AT 9:30 AM. see you then!!".... "welp.. guess thats, that!!". wow. thats alot of info for one day!!
So the next day... I show up to the surgical center. bumb in the waiting room for a few. take a lovely shot of my retarded knee... see below.
Then this lovely little nurse comes out
"Amanda Hawkes!! Come with me dear."
.... sweet little lady I tell ya.
Nurse Lady: Here's a cup. pee in it. We need to make sure you're not pregnant. Put this gown on.
(yes.. the ones where your butt shows if you dont do it up" Heres some socks. a hair net. (it was hot I tell ya!!) and a pen. Draw on what knee we're working on. write yes. If there's two of anything we have you write on which one we're working on. Come out when you're done!"

So I come out a few minutes later.. and me being the smart ass I am did as was told. I wrote on my knee like they told me to, I just didn't write "yes". guess they didnt think it was funny cause they came and wrote "yes" for me... and signed it.
Owell she was nice.
I bet you're wondering right now to yourself:
"Self. I wonder just how goofy Amanda looked with her hair net on."
well just to help your curiosity.. here you go!!








Well after sitting in the little bed thingy for a while and getting some IV's started and blood drawn the cute little nurse lady comes back.
"Well, your blood Iron looks good and you're not pregnant."
my thoughts: GOOD TO KNOW I'M NOT
PREGNANT CAUSE IF I WAS..... WELL I HAVE
NO FREAKIN CLUE HOW IT HAPPENED!!"
haha.
Well finally Dr. Jackson came back. and looked a little surprised to see me there so soon, but explained the surgery and all that jazz. then the guy with the "good juice" aka anastesia guy comes back talks to me. and then him and some nurse guy comes and get me and wheel me into the OR. I lay on the table. and the Anastesia dude says " okay Amanda. I'm going to put the anastesia in. Take some deep breaths for me and count backwards from 10."
Okay seriously......... does anybody ever get past 9? I swear that stuff nocks you out solid, I love it. seriously.. I guess it only took like 3o minutes solid before I was in recovery and waking up to my mom and grandma laughing at me cause I guess I was pretty hilarious. ( and yes.. my mom has it on video on her phone if you ever care to see this..). I slurp some Jello. fell kinda bleh. and go home. Before I leave though.. they hand me a little cup with my bone chunk in it! and I was thinking like a bone "sliver" no this thing is like the size of a dime people!! No wonder it hurt!!

I got home and one of my really good friends Lea brought me a little package.. and Krystal brought me some yummy coffee and heath chunk coldstone! :) (thanks guys!) Plus I got to talk to Taylor for like 20 minutes online.. the day was turning out okay... well until later. I took more lortab around 330 and crashed for a few hours and came out around 630 to eat some dinner... well try. I sat on our barstool and proped my leg up on the one next to it and well... thats the last I remember. Next thing I know my head is killing me and i'm on the ground bawling. I guess I passed out. fell on the floor and had a seizure and Emily and my mom where trying to help.. scary! Well besides that surgery went great! I was Miss Hob-a-long for a few days. I rocked the cane and a wheelchair for a few days. Today I went in for my check up a week and half later and he said it looks good and I dont have to come back!
I just cant kneel for a few more weeks but I should be good! But I figure its pretty good if I can have my first and last appointment in less than 2 weeks! :) Here's an after shot:
I still have a little bump but its not to bad.. yay!! :)









Happy Halloween Kids.. love you all!
♥manda

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Amanda. I love you. I'm sorry you had to go through that! But I'm glad your boy was "there" to help you through. Love you lots! i hopw you heal soon!

Krystal said...

It's about time you posted again.. GEEZ!!! It was fun to read the story again.. We should post a pic of you in the wheelchair at IKEA!! Good times! That was a pretty good weekend, even if you were drugged up (maybe that's why it was good, you made us laugh bunches!! And the Dip. And Camp Williams. And Cold Stone. And Starbucks. And everything else!! Your amazing! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

teresa and the boys said...

That picture is disgusting. And kind of fascinating. And why didn't I hear about the freaking seizure?!? HOLY CRAP!

Anyway -- see you soon. =)

Mike & Jen said...

LOVE the bone picture. That's quite amazing that it came out of your knee. No wonder your knee was hurting!! Glad you're doing better!

Terri Ann said...

I'm glad that the surgery went well. K, so here's a funny story about when I had to have my appendix removed, in March. So, they take me on the gurney down to the Operating floor. Well, I get down there and am chatting with the dr. then, the anastesiologist comes down and is talking to me, and talking to me about how I work at in-n-out. (Meanwhile, I'm still doped up on Morphine, from the pain.) Then, the anastesiologist wheels me on the gurney into the operating room and has me lay on the table. We're talking and then he says that he is going to put this oxygen mask on me, but that it is just oxygen. I had a headache from not eating, so I close my eyes. Well, the next thing I know, I'm choking on the little tube thingy that they had put down my throat during surgery, so that I could breathe, in the recovery room. I don't think that the "oxygen" was just oxygen, but atleast I don't even remember them putting me under! ha ha ha.